Saturday, 9 February 2013

wattpad - what amazing news for chicklit!

My heart frowns when people say ChickLit is dead or not as popular as it was in the 90s. Of course it's still popular and perhaps there's even a greater need for such stories that show heroines of all ages, shapes and sizes kicking the backside out of life....and out of men for that matter.
 
Through such stories you can escape from the doom and gloom that swamps the daily news - from reminders about the recession and how little interest those saved pennies are netting you, you can forget all about the lack of jobs, redundancies, companies going into liquidation - and the fact you may or may not have eaten a horse meat lasagne.
 
Yes, ChickLit is alive and kicking and even more so now thanks to wattpad, who are launching their very own ChickLit category on Monday (February 11)
 What's even more exciting (you may disagree) is that;
1) My novel, A Girl's Guide to Fairy Tales, has been chosen as one of 50 titles to launch it.
2) I will be appearing alongside renowned ChickLit author - Marian Keyes!!!
 
I really am honoured and excited to have been invited to take part in such a venture in the hopes of spreading more ChickLit joy across the world. Cheesy, I know, but I am an eternal optimist. I love my glass to be brimming with bubbles, but half-full will do just fine.
 
For those of you interested in perusing the wattpad site from Monday visit: www.wattpad.com/chicklit
 
You will be able to read nearly half of my novel and I sincerely hope you enjoy  it - shout hallelujah, get happy and throw all your cares away as you read about the adventures my four characters embark upon.
 
Thank you and please spread the word :) 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well done on being profiled, Laurey! I've heard of wattpad but not really looked at it properly before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read about it in December and thought I'd give it a go. Wasn't doing massively well as I think it's mainly for teen fiction....but with the new chicklit subheading, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Hope you're well

    ReplyDelete